Friday, October 15

How much is that baby in the window?

Rachel told me yesterday that a woman came by her work looking to sell her 7 month old son for $200 bucks. Can you believe that? Even worse, someone took her up on the offer and bought the baby!

I find this outrageous for a number of reasons (a) how can this be happening in Samoa? (b) if you're going to sell a child, isn't a child worth more than a measly $200? (c) why isn't this woman in jail or a mental institute?

Perhaps the child will be better off in the hands of someone who wants it. The birth mother (if that's who she was) didn't want the child so who knows what she might have done with it.

I'm disgusted by people who can put a price on their children. No amount of money in the world could separate me from my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.