Wednesday, June 7

Keeping in Touch

Keeping in touch with Rachel and Maddy in real time is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. I am 7 hours ahead of them in Samoa so that means that when I get up at 7am in the morning, it's midnight for them. When Rachel gets to work at 8am, my day is almost done at 3pm. When Rachel gets home at 5pm it's already midnight for me over here. In terms of having a nice phone call conversation, it's tough to have one without one of yawning due to the lateness of the hour.

We've tried out chatting over VoIP on the Internet using Skype with headphone sets and while it's great because it's free, we still can't manage to chat for long due to the time differences. It was so much fun chatting to Madison using the headset mic, but it would be better if we didn't have to go to these lengths just to stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.