Wednesday, February 23

Madison the Cock-a-roach Hunter

Last night me and my son were reading books in the room. Well, actually it was more like he was reading books to me. Anyways, while we were halfway through his "Good for You" book a cockroach flew into our room.

Madison jumped up immediately and yelled, "Daddy! Cock-a-roach!! Go kill it!" So I told him to go get my shoe and off he went. He came back with the palagi broom (which as all Samoans know, is completely useless at killing mogamoga's). So I told him to go get my shoe again and off he went.

By the time he got back with my seevae kosokoso, the cockroach had disappeared. So Maddy started looking for it, very carefully mind you, and he managed to find it lurking bythe door. So with a big swat I killed it with my jandal to Maddy's obvious delight. He was jumping up and down as if it was Christmas and he just got a new car or something.

So we swept it outside, me behind the broom and Maddy behind me with a big proud grin as if he was a hunter who just bagged himself the biggest lion in the jungle. It was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.