Friday, January 21

We Have a Car!

In what seems to be an incredible convergence of good fortune, we are now the proud owners of a 1999 Ford Explorer. WOOHOO! It's new-in-Samoa straight from the U.S. and is in excellent condition.

After my meeting with the bank in which they said we'd have an answer by Monday, I was surprised to get a phone call from our loans manager at 3pm yesterday saying that she had a nice car that she could give us at a reduced price but needed an answer from me that same day. So I took the car from a test drive and knew that it was a steal. I called her up as soon as I got back to the office and told her that I wanted it.

When I asked her about my loan and the fact that we wouldn't know whether it'd be approved until Monday she told me that she had already approved it! She told me to go pick up the keys and that the car was ours.

The amazing thing about the whole thing is that she told us that we needed to come up with 20% before the loan could go through. Now it looks as if the bank is fully financing all 3 of our needs (car, land and house). How lucky is that? I feel as if we won lotto, the sweepstakes and powerball all in one go.

I've already picked up the change of ownership papers from the previous owner and am off to the Transport Board this afternoon to make it official.

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.