Thursday, January 13

Old Bertha

Our old pickup Bertha, is falling apart, literally. Last week the front wheels nearly fell off, they were pointing out at 45 degree angles making the car look like it had knock-knees.

The body is rusted, the indicator lights are mostly all cracked and the power steering hasn't worked for over 5 years. It squeaks and groans whenever we drive it, which turns heads all over town.

Two days ago, I told my mechanic, Semi, that I wanted to retire the car and start looking for another one. He told me that he'd help me look for a buyer. To my surprise, Semi called me up today saying he'd found a buyer and that they want to pick it up today after work.

When I realized that I was about to part with my old truck, I couldn't help but feel sad. Maybe I have a bond with it, because I am not looking forward to parting with ole Bertha. My head says get rid of it, it's a money draining black hole but my heart feels otherwise.

How are we going to get around now? Good question. We're looking at moving back into Lalovaea at the end of the month so we can start saving money for a new car. I'm not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.