Saturday, July 3

Self Sacrifice

Until last night I don't think I really knew the true meaning of self sacrifice. All parents must go through the same things I have been going through with Madison and it makes me appreciate how much our own parents gave up on account of us, their kids.

We all had a rough night last night. Rach and I had a shouting match and it must have scared poor li'l Maddy because he wouldn't go to sleep at all. I ended up staying up all night, without a wink of sleep, trying to comfort him and rock him to sleep on my shoulder.

No matter how tired I was, he wouldn't let me get any rest - he was not in a good mood and the sun came up and he and I were still seeing who could outlast the other.

I think it's human nature to just want to lose your temper but as a parent, you realise that it's not the kids fault and you just have to put the good of your child first, no matter how you feel, no matter how important something may seem to you at the time.

That to me is the true meaning of self sacrifice. Gee, 35 years old and I finally get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.