Wednesday, November 17

Where To From Here?

It's good to have my family back. Madison is happy to be home again and the house is looking like a home again now that Rachel is back in charge. The fridge has food in it now, the house is a lot cleaner and my clothes actually smell nice again.

With Papa in NZ, we've had to make a few changes to Maddy's daily routine. The next door neighbours have been nice enough to help us out by looking after Maddy while Papa is in NZ. Maddy likes playing with his best friend Teresa but he doesn't like it when mommy and daddy leave in the morning. He moans and whimpers and struggles to come with us when we leave for work in the morning.

I tell you, nothing hurts more than having to leave your son behind and he's crying because he wants to come with you and looks hurt because you're not taking him with you. Rachel and I have had to do that ever since Papa went to NZ.

It's a dilemma. Should we become a one income family so one of us is with Madison during the day? The upside would include being there to potty train him, read books with him and teach him new things. The downside would be that we'd have less money and would probably have to move back to Lalovaea or some place cheaper. Rachel enjoys her new career with DBS too so she'd have to give up a job that she enjoys.

I remember having my mom around 24/7 during my childhood. There's no substitute for a mothers love and care, I don't care how good a babysitter is. What would I have done without my mom? I sometimes wonder if we're hampering Madison's development by leaving him with others while we're at work. He's a very bright child, he continually surprises us with the things he picks up and it's disheartening to think that he spends the majority of his waking time with people other than his parents.

I think Madison deserves better than that. The blame is on me for not earning enough money to support my family on my own and that shortcoming weighs heavily on my mind.

The time for action is now, this isn't a problem that I can wait 2 years to solve. But what should we do? I wonder if all parents go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment.